Today Sigma issued a new advisory that some of their lenses for Pentax K mount could leave a “small scratch” when attached to the new Pentax K-70 camera. Similar issue was also reported with the K-1 camera. Here is the full press text with the list of lenses:
We have found that some SIGMA interchangeable lenses for Pentax mount could leave a small scratch on part of the camera body when they are attached to the PENTAX K-70, released by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. on July 22nd, 2016. In this circumstance, please do not use the following lenses for Pentax mount on the PENTAX K-70.
We are planning to provide a repair service to replace the part of the lens relating to this issue, just as we announced for the PENTAX K-1 on May 27th, 2016. We will make a further announcement on our website when specific details are finalized.
When some SIGMA interchangeable lenses for Pentax mount are attached to the PENTAX K-70, the upper part of the mount can be scratched.
Lenses that have been repaired for Pentax K-1 do not need another repair to be used on Pentax K-70.
- SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC HSM | Art
- SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- SIGMA APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
- SIGMA 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
- SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
- SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM
- SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
- SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM
- SIGMA APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM
- SIGMA APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM*
- SIGMA APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM*
* it is applicable to the models without OS function, too.