After several delays, Ricoh finally announced the release date of the new HD Pentax-D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW lens: March 18th, 2016. The US price of the lens is $2,296.9. Adorama and B&H are now taking pre-orders.
HD Pentax-D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW lens features and specifications:
- One of the most versatile zoom ranges, this 70-200mm lens provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range when used with Pentax APS-C DSLRs.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture delivers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is particularly beneficial to creating shallow depth of field imagery.
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements are incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and produce high image clarity with edge-to-edge sharpness.
- High Definition (HD) and Aero Bright coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting in order to deliver greater contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, a Super Protect (SP) coating also helps to protect the surface of exposed elements from fingerprints, water, dust, and oils and also makes the front and rear elements easier to clean.
- A Direct Current (DC) autofocus motor benefits from an internal focusing design and delivers fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance.
- The Quick-Shift Focus System allows you to first use autofocus to acquire general focus on a subject, then instantly refine your focus position manually without the need for an AF/MF selector.
- A focus range limiter allows you to constrain the lens’ focus range between different sets of distances for faster performance and greater responsiveness.
- The weather-resistant construction utilizes 13 distinct seals to prevent moisture or dust from entering the lens.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar is included with the lens for better balance when shooting atop a tripod.
- Focal Length: 70-200mm
- Equivalent to 35mm format: 107-307mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Rounded aperture (F2.8-F5.6)
Diaphragm Control: Fully automatic
- Construction: 19 elements in 16 groups
- Smallest object distance: 1.2m / 3.94′
- Magnification: 0.13x
- Filter size: Diameter: 77mm
- Mount: KAF3
- Dimensions (L x Dia.): Approx. 203 x 91.5mm / 7.99 x 3.60″
- Angle of View:
- 23-8.1 deg. (when attached to PENTAX digital SLR cameras)
34.5-12.5 deg. (when attached to PENTAX 35mm SLR cameras)
- Approx. 1755g / 61.91oz
With hood: Approx. 1835g / 64.73oz
With hood and tripod mount: Approx. 2030g / 71.61oz.