An updated Pentax full frame DSLR camera teaser was published today:
Optimize the imaging power of the distinctive FA Limited-series lenses
One of the benefits offered by the PENTAX 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera is that your favorite lenses, which many of you have used since the days of film photography, can be used at their actual focal lengths. This benefit applies to the high-grade FA Limited-series lenses. Favored by many PENTAX camera users, you can take advantages of the imaging power of these popular lenses in digital photography much as for film photography. I would like to familiarize you with some sample images captured by three FA Limited-series lenses.
The smc PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8AL Limited has outstanding image-forming power and delivers high-contrast images. It offers a distinctive image description that accurately reproduces the ambience of the scene being shot. Captured by this wide-angle lens, Image 1 clearly depicts fine details even in the shadows.
Next is the smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited. This compact unifocal standard lens has an angle of view and perspective similar to that of the human eye. Image 2 shows fine sharpness, rich gradation and a truthful sense of depth, all of which are distinctive characteristics of this particular lens.
Finally, the smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited excels in contrast and resolution. Captured by this telephoto lens, Image 3 faithfully recreates the ambience of this particular scene with its high-contrast rendition and subtle bokeh (defocus) effect.
- Image 1: This image offers well-depicted details, even in areas of shadow.
• Lens used: smc PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8AL Limited
• Image data: shutter speed: 1/320 sec., aperture: F5.6, ISO: 200
- Image 2: This image has excellent sharpness and rich gradation, with a truthful sense of depth.
• Lens used: smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
• Image data: shutter speed: 1/1000 sec., aperture: F2.8, ISO: 100
- Image 3: This image faithfully recreates the ambience of the scene with its high-contrast rendition and subtle bokeh effect.
• Lens used: smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
• Image data: shutter speed: 1/320 sec., aperture: F8, ISO 100