Promote Systems added advanced Pentax K‐1 remote control capabilities to their Promote Control. Pentax K-1 users can now perform Pixel Shift Timelapse, Bulb Ramping, extended HDR and more with the Promote Control (available on Amazon and B&H)
The Promote Control Adds Advanced Remote Control Capabilities to the Pentax K‐1 DSLR
The Promote Control is now compatible with the full frame Pentax K‐1 DSLR. A free firmware update brings extensive new features including extended HDR, Pixel Shift Timelapse, Bulb Ramping and Long Exposure photography to the Pentax’s flagship full frame DSLR.
Houston, TX – October 6, 2016 ‐ Promote Systems, makers of the Promote Control, the world’s most advanced DSLR controller, announces support for the Pentax K‐1 DSLR camera. Pentax K‐1 users can now create stunning HDRs, Long Exposures, Timelapse and Bulb Ramping videos. The Promote Control is a time‐tested, professional, weather‐resistant DSLR control device ideal for both field and studio work. Current Promote Control users only need to install the free firmware update and purchase the compatible cables.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- full range HDR
- accelerated HDR workflow
- up to 45 images in one bracket
- up to 9EV steps in one bracket
- long exposures (over 30 seconds)*
- intervals as long as several hours
- repeated Timelapse (great for long‐term projects) o unlimited exposures
- HDR Timelapse
- Pixel Shift Timelapse
- Bulb Ramping**
- Smooth transition day to night time lapse video
- One Shot
- Set Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO and trigger your shutter without touching your camera
- Manual Hold
- For long exposure imaging
- Integration with 3rd‐party pano‐heads & dollies (for panorama and motion Timelapse photography)
- Weather resistant (great for outdoors)
- Long battery life with 2 AA batteries
The Promote Control firmware version 3.29 can be downloaded at https://goo.gl/r28VSK.
Pentax K‐1 requires Promote Control USB OTG Adapter.
*Promote Control Shutter Cable CN2 is required to perform HDR bracketing sequences containing exposures longer than 30 seconds and for capturing images when MLU is enabled on the K1.
**Promote Control Bulb Ramping and Bulb HDR Assistant Kit is required for Bulb Ramping.